Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Never Wrote a Villanelle about Fictitious Situations Involving Myself and Kurt Vonnegut

I never roller skated with Vonnegut.
We mostly sat around and drank,
although we prank called James Joyce a lot.

We talked in only stream of consciousness.
He said, “Can’t you do something else today?”
I never roller skated with Vonnegut.

Once we called as Stephen Dedalus;
he responded with a fit of rage.
Although we prank called James Joyce a lot,

I always laughed until I pissed
my pants right before old Kurt fainted.
I never roller skated with Vonnegut;

his knees were always sore from arthritis.
We sure shared a lot of lazy days,
although we did prank call James Joyce a lot.

Camus and I once caught two large rats.
He got sick. Then he wrote The Plague.
I never roller skated with Vonnegut
But we did prank call James Joyce a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment