Friday, November 6, 2009

Thoughts on Taken, one of the most absurd action movies of our generation

Dug this up, too. I wish I could organize this into a section with just movie reviews, since I seem to write a lot of them. Anyway, here are my thoughts on this hilariously bad movie.

Taken

1/5

That one comes from the number of redeeming qualities this movie had. That one quality was that it had me laughing the entire way through. I'm submitting an idea to Spike for its next episode of Deadliest Warrior--Liam Neeson's character in Taken vs The entire city of Paris. I lost count of a couple of things as this movie wore on: the number of cheesy one liners and the number of times Liam Neeson's character withstood a barrage of bullets. I expected during one of the fight sequences for him to reveal a robotic arm like Will Smith did in I, Robot.

Not only did he incinerate the entire city, he stopped traffic, he kept up with a speeding car on foot, he had his own supply of medicine and medical shit (yet had to make his own hanging device for the IV), he did all this while wearing a leather jacket.

I especially loved the poltical undertones that were as light on the subtleties as the film was on believability while he tortured one guy for information.

My favorite part of the movie, though? When he confronts his former colleague, a Frenchman named, what else, Jean Claude, about his shady business dealings. Jean Claude pulls a gun on him and says, "SHUT UP. Dinner is OVER." I nearly lost it.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that movie. I liked it.


    5/5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it make you want to share with your friends your desire to insert your phallus into a baked good, such as a muffin, or a cupcake?

    ReplyDelete